Friday, November 16, 2007

Zul'Aman ain't no Zul'Gurub

I visited Zul'Aman last night for the first time with my guild. We got two raids together, but the one raid group I was in didn't fare very well. We repeatedly wiped on the last trash group before the first boss. After 90 minutes into the raid the MT stomped off in disgust, declaring that "we weren't ready". Yeah, that's what it said on the TBC box. Other players were furious that we gave up so early. Me, I suddenly remembered that this sort of shouting was exactly why I find raiding often so stressful and went to bed. I certainly belonged to the part of the raid group that wasn't ready, because although I brought all the potions and stuff, I'm still wearing the kind of "good blue" gear you'd take on your first Karazhan raid. Zul'Aman definitely is post-Karazhan.

What I don't really see is why World of Warcraft needs such a post-Karazhan raid dungeon. I thought the raid progression after Karazhan was already pretty complete and didn't have any big gaps to fill. Why add just another optional place? I think a dungeon more in the style of Zul'Gurub, that is for 20 players and *easier* than Karazhan, would have pleased a much larger target audience.

I wouldn't mind going to Karazhan occasionally, when the guild stands in front of the place and doesn't have enough healers for example. But I'm not planning into getting into the regular raid circuit, raiding several nights per week. Which means I will never get equipped in the gear I'd need to see the raid dungeons after Karazhan, rest of Zul'Aman included. I'd love to see Gruul at least once, but wouldn't want to be a burden to my guild going there. Anyone else here not having much luck with Zul'Aman and wishing for something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment