Monday, June 14, 2010

Ending with a whimper, not a bang

My EVE experiment officially ended yesterday, when I tried to log in and found my subscription had run out. Fortunately I had tried out the new planetary features the day before, which looked nice enough, but not game-changing. As I had been playing "EVE Offline" for the last month, logging on only to train up skills (partially caused by an "we were wardec'd - do not undock" policy of my corp), I didn't really feel that I was using that subscription enough to justify resubscribing.

In spite of not being a PvP fan, in the end the real-time skill training system was what killed EVE for me, not the PvP. I simply need a connection between playing the game and my character's powers advancing, otherwise I'm too detached from my character's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment