Thursday, July 12, 2007

Full RSS feed enabled

By request from several people I switched my RSS feed to showing my posts in full length. I'm not using feeds very much myself, so I'd be happy about feedback whether this is working well, and whether you prefer it this way.

The disadvantage of having a full RSS feed enabled is that some of my readers will turn invisible now. I'm not quite sure how these work, but I don't think my Sitemeter counter is detecting people who read my posts only through the reader. The advantage (or one more disadvantage if you see it from the employers point of view) is that now people can read my posts at work even if their firewall blocks the blogspot domain. So in spite of the Sitemeter count I might end up with more real readers, just less counted readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment