Sunday, September 14, 2008

This key has expired - WAR Europe headstart

I am now officially screwed out of my Euro WAR Collector's Edition headstart. The CE headstart key I received got borked, probably when I tried to use it during GOA's registration site troubles. Now when I try the new page for headstart code entry, I get an "this key has expired" error message. And when I try to log into the game with my closed / open beta userid and password, I get an authentication failure. Which means that the previous registration didn't work well enough to get me into the headstart, but did register enough to make my key useless. Worst of all possible combinations. :( And of course GOA doesn't have anything resembling a working customer support up.

[EDIT: My fault. I entered the wrong key. See apology in later post.]

I reacted in a typical MMORPG player fashion, in the completely crazy way that counts as "rational" in our circles: I quickly grabbed a SE preorder direct download from direct2drive.co.uk, so I at least have the SE headstart key for tomorrow. Rewarding GOA for failure, sounded like a good plan. Anyway, rumor has it that there isn't much of a difference, as the Euro CE headstart supposedly only starts at 7 pm my time, to be simultaneous with the US CE headstart (1 pm EDT). So I guess tonight I'll hope I can get into the US headstart with my media account, and assuming no further catastrophes I'll start in Europe tomorrow.

[EDIT: Rumor was wrong. European CE servers started at 3 pm CET, or 4 hours before the US. Unbelievable! And I'm still locked out. :( ]

No comments:

Post a Comment