Saturday, November 12, 2011

No Skyrim for me

I did my homework and watched gameplay videos of Skyrim in both 1st person and 3rd person mode. And in all of them the cursor is stuck firmly in the middle of the screen, just like it was in the previous games, Morrowind and Oblivion. That control scheme leads to more camera movements overall, because you can't click on let's say the chest on the ground without looking down. And in the previous games that excessive camera movement did cause me video game nausea, making them unplayable for me.

So, sorry, but whatever other great qualities Skyrim might have as a computer role-playing game, I will not buy it. Not before I at least have played a demo for an hour to check whether the game makes me nauseous. And apparently there isn't a playable demo for the game, a Google search for Skyrim demo only turns up "demo trailer" videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment