Friday, March 17, 2006

Who's my main?

In general I'm pretty happy to have two level 60 characters now in World of Warcraft. The idea is to play both, and switching as needed. I can join a guild group and ask as what I should show up, warrior or priest, depending on what classes the other guys play. When soloing, I would do different things with the two characters too, for example picking flowers with my herbalist/alchemist warrior, or farming reputation for an enchantment recipe with my tailor/enchanter priest.

But the prospect of patch 1.10 coming soon made me realize that new content will force me to make a decision of who of my characters is my "main" and will do the new stuff first, with the other character either doing it later or not at all. Who will finish collecting his tier 0 set and do the quest series to upgrade to 0.5 first, and do I really want to do that twice? That will become extremely relevant when the Burning Crusade comes out, and I will need to decide who to level to 70 first.

Right now the sign point towards Kyroc the priest being my "main". I don't really have a personal preference between tank and healer role, and like both equally well. But in my guild groups a priest is much more welcome at the moment than a warrior, due to a relative oversupply of warriors compared to priests. Actually quite a lot of my guild mates with warriors made a priest or mage as alt, so there is little chance of there ever being no warrior available, somebody can always log on his alt.

Raslebol will always have a special place in my heart, being my first character in now 7 years of playing MMORPG who ever hit the level cap of the game I'm playing. And I'll certainly level him up to 70 too. But I guess he'll come after Kyroc in that, and I think I'll skip the tier 0.5 upgrade quest series for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment