Thursday, November 23, 2006

Playing other games

It is not always easy to buy last year's PC games. If they have been a big hit, you might still find them in the bargain bin for half price, or in a cheap "gold" edition. But the less successful games simply disappear. So when I see a game I think I would like, I tend to buy it *now*, even if I know I'm currently busy with another game and will only be able to play it later. After over 2 years with World of Warcraft, I accumulated a lot of these games which I bought but never played. Time to devote them some attention.

I'm not quitting World of Warcraft, but until the Burning Crusade expansion comes out, I'll tone it down a bit, not playing every day any more. I always tended to raid mostly on the weekends, and I can still do that. But instead of spending every weekday in WoW soloing or doing smaller groups, I want to play some other games for the moment. And if I play WoW, it will mostly be exploring the beta a bit more.

I have three level 60 characters, and I don't feel like leveling up another through the same old content I already know by heart. Playing the level 60 characters solo doesn't make much sense, with the knowledge that expansion is just around the corner. Why do some endless grind for little reward if the Outlands offer much greater rewards for much less effort? Whatever gear I acquire now will be obsolete at level 65 anyway. I'd still like to do some more raiding, not for the loot, but for hanging out with the guild and having fun. But of course that depends on whether the other guild members still want to raid. I'll see how this develops over the next couple of weeks, before the Burning Crusade kick-starts us all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment