Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Travel journal - 14-November-2006

Another business trip to the USA. This is always a long trip, but as my company is generous enough to book business class on transatlantic flights, it isn't so bad.

The terrorism scare seems to have abated to a reasonable level. No liquids allowed in the hand luggage, but I just checked my suitcase in. On the airport all the duty free shops had desperate posters out, advertising that there were special arrangements that could be done if you wanted to buy liquids and transport them on the plane. I wonder by how much their business in liquors has gone down.

On the American side everything went very smooth. In spite of my plane being slightly late, and me having only 1 hour for immigration, baggage claiming, baggage re-checking in, and getting through the security scan, I didn't miss my connecting flight. The people from the Transport Security Administration are doing a great job of getting large numbers of people through the system with a minimum of fuzz.

This is the 5th time in 12 month that I'm at the same location in the USA, same hotel, so at least I know how to get there, and where the shops and restaurants are in the vicinity. So of course I had steak for dinner, probably the best feature of the American cuisine. Then I went to the mall and bought a couple of TV series on DVD (Las Vegas season 3, and season 1 of The Closer, Numb3rs, and Boston Legal). I just have to find the time to go to the mall again in the next 2 days, between lots of work. The guy from EB told me that Medieval II would only come out today, and the guy in the DVD shop said that CSI season 6 would be out today. Damn, I was one day too early. Good that I'm staying until Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment