Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bildo on Mythos

I'm not the world biggest fan of action RPGs, but I play them. It isn't the gameplay which I dislike, but the sad fact that there are so many bad Diablo clones among them. But when I hear somebody whose opinion I respect talk very highly of an action RPG, I start to get interested: Bildo is a big fan of Mythos. Unfortunately I only saw it after he had handed out all the beta keys he had available, but his enthusiasm got me interested enough to sign up myself for the beta on the Mythos website.

Mythos apparently started life as a test platform for Hellgate London, but then Flagship Studios decided they will bring it out as a separate game. There is no release date yet, but it was announced that the game will be free to download and play, financed by microtransactions for in-game items. Which is another positive point, because even if I don't get invited to the beta, I'll still be able to test it for free. This is certainly a game I wouldn't buy before testing, because if it shares the Hellgate graphics engine, it might also cause me video game motion sickness, which is always a big disqualifier. I would have played more of the action RPGs of 2007, a year rich in them, if it hadn't been for the fact that most of them caused me nausea and headaches. I so hope that mouselook controls get out of fashion soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment