Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Aion NDA dropped

A reader informed me that the Aion NDA dropped. Nice, but that doesn't change anything for me, as I'm not in the beta. Guess I'll have to wait for September for the release, or the open beta.

Not that I'm holding my breath, really. I've informed myself a bit more about the game, most notably by watching the Aion Video Tutorials to learn about gameplay. And it appears that apart from minor features like being able to fly without a mount for a short time, the gameplay is pretty much identical to that of World of Warcraft. I hunted down some crafting info on YouTube, after hearing that crafting was so much better in Aion than in WoW. Unfortunately it turned out that this statement applied to the crafting *animations*, which are much better in Aion than in WoW. Crafting gameplay appears to be similar, except for something that looks like a fail bar under the progress bar, opening up the possibility of failure in crafting. Not a huge revolution.

Aion appears to be a solid mainstream MMORPG. But as I said yesterday, that isn't exactly what I'm looking for at the moment. I'd prefer something with more different gameplay, even if its not quite as polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment