Thursday, June 4, 2009

Runes of Magic at E3

One of the next MMOs I'm going to play before the next big MMO comes is will probably be Runes of Magic. Although it is free to download, I already bought a $9.95 box with a DVD for easier installation, and a bunch of microtransaction goodies included. But as I'm still busy with Luminary, it might still be a while before I get around to this. So meanwhile How to Lose your Life to an MMORPG has complete Runes of Magic E3 coverage.

I find Runes of Magic interesting, because it deliberately copies a lot of World of Warcraft, but then adds to it with housing and dual classes, and uses a completely different business model. A lot of people are interested in such a "Free2Play WoW", and I hear the game is doing quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment