Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dragon Age Origins

EA Bioware sent me some press material about their upcoming RPG Dragon Age Origins. I have a general policy of always looking at that sort of material, but only writing about it if I think it would be interesting for my readers. While I was generally aware that Bioware was working on a RPG named Dragon Age, I hadn't looked deeper into it. I mean, yeah, Bioware makes good RPGs, and I read the facial animations were good, but otherwise I thought it would be more or less yet another fantasy roleplaying game. But to my surprise Dragon Age Origins appears to be rather unusual: It is a RPG for adults, with an 18+ rating. And apparently that isn't limited to sex and violence, but also to a darker and deeper story than the usual fare.

Now I watched some of the videos, and I'm starting to get excited about this game, even if I'll have to wait for early November before it is released. I'm not a big fan of the blood spatter, but I do like the concept of my character having moral choices in a world which isn't the typical good vs. evil fantasy stereotype. Already having an 18+ label, Bioware even added sex to the game, but hopefully more to make the stories more realistic and believable. And the graphics and animations are really superb.

I'll keep you posted what I think of the game once I actually played it.

No comments:

Post a Comment