Monday, September 21, 2009

I want a wardrobe for World of Warcraft

Having somehow missed the previous incarnations of the Brewfest in World of Warcraft, I did the various quests and activities related to that holiday event this weekend. That netted me a bunch of tokens, leading me to the "token redeemer", where I could buy rewards for those tokens. And I noticed that, like many holiday events, some of the rewards wear items of clothing without stats, just for the looks of it. And I don't know what you do with your holiday event clothing, but apart from a rare christmas hat, I always destroy all of the clothes at the end of the event because they take up too much valuable inventory space.

I used to also delete non-combat pets for exactly the same reason. But nowadays pets don't take inventory space any more. So I spent my brewfest tokens on a pink elephant. Which made me think that the fluff clothing in World of Warcraft could be much improved with two changes:
  • A wardrobe tab on your character sheet, which works exactly like the pets and mount tab, and stores all your non-stat items of clothing you collect from various events.
  • An option to *display* your character as wearing that sort of non-stat clothing, without having to actually remove your gear that gives stats. Just like you can use a hallowed wand or Noggenfogger elixir disguise and look like a skeleton or pirate without actually having to remove your armor, that functionality would let you display your holiday clothing without you having to change clothes when you want to fight.
Without that sort of functionality, I'm not all that interested in the various event clothing rewards. By blocking inventory space they end up feeling more like a burden than a reward. After removing keys and mounts and pets from our inventories, a wardrobe for World of Warcraft non-stat clothing would just be the logical next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment