Saturday, June 24, 2006

Time to 60

Yesterday my new server saw the first level 60 on the Alliance side. The guy is the head of the most uber guild, and managed to level to 60 in just 11 real days, 8 days of /played time (I asked him). Meanwhile my priest after the same 11 days has not even 2 days /played yet, and is only level 22. But somehow I don't regret not being that other guy.

I can see why somebody would be proud of being the first level 60 on a new server. But unlike winning other contests it doesn't prove that you are playing any better, it just proves that you play World of Warcraft for 16 hours per day. Even if I was on holiday I wouldn't want to play that much.

The other problem of being the first level 60 is that a) you need to solo all the way there, and b) you'll be soloing for a long time to come before there are enough other players to group with. Even longer before the first MC raid. You can grind Argent Dawn or Cenarion Circle faction and farm money meanwhile, but that isn't as much fun as leveling up more slowly and in groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment