Thursday, June 1, 2006

WoW Journal - 2-June-2006

My fire resistance in my best FR gear for my priest went up to over 100. I found that I had a forgotten cloth bracers with +14 FR in my bank. And then I found a cheap tunic of fire resistance with +28 FR on the auction house for just 15 gold and bought it. But of course items like these point out the problem with fire resistance gear: it obviously has less good stats in other areas. So if I put on my FR tunic, I can't wear my Truefaith Vestment at the same time. And all the other FR items are replacing items that give me intelligence, and I end up with something like 1000 mana less for 100 fire resistance more. So as a priest I would certainly not want to shoot for 300+ fire resistance, if in consequence I just stand around stupidly without mana. For the rest of the people in the raid it doesn't make a huge difference whether I don't heal because I'm out of mana or whether I don't heal because I'm burned to a crisp. I tend to favor survival, due to the chance of regenerating mana, but that is slow, and I shouldn't go all out for maximum survival gear and forget about my mana pool.

In other news I'm playing "waiting for the weekend" during the week in World of Warcraft. My new guild is raiding every single night, *sigh*, and at hours that are incompatible with my need for sleep. So I didn't get into any guild group all week long. :( Last night I joined a pickup group to Stratholme living, but we abandoned at the third Ziggurat because the hunter had just wiped us for the umpteenth time by a bad pull and bad use of his pet. I know that there are good hunters around, but if I'm ever organizing a pickup group I'll install a "no hunters" rule. I don't know what it is about that class that makes them the source of trouble in most pickup groups I've been in. What was really annoying was that the hunter had already got a blue BoE polearm he could sell and his beaststalker boots at that point, so he probably left quite satisfied with his performance and reward.

So I'm wondering what I'll do during the week in World of Warcraft in the future. I play in 4-hour sessions from 6 pm to 10 pm, but at 6 pm it's still to early to get a group together, and by the time I got a group together at 8 pm, the remaining 2 hours are often too short to finish a dungeon. I spent a lot of time in activities that fall under the heading of "raid preparation", like collecting fire resistance gear, or gathering herbs for major mana and greater fire protection potions. But I don't think a cycle of raiding on weekends and raid preparation during the week will satisfy me, it is too repetitive. But I'm sure raiding and grouping on the weekend will be fun again.

What I really, really want is to play the Burning Crusade expansion, and experience all the new content, instead of repeating content I already know all over again. But of course the expansion is till half a year away, and I feel a bit as if I'm stuck on the longest loading screen ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment