Sunday, August 20, 2006

WoW Journal - 20-August-2006

After already getting the Halo of Transcendence for my Horde priest on Thursday, I continued to get Boots of Prophecy on Friday, and the Girdle of Prophecy on Sunday. Wow, that is way more than average yield of epics. I have a total of five pieces of Prophecy now, which adds a set bonus of an additional 2% chance to crit heals. My total healing crit chance is now just under 17%. Not that I am a big fan of healing crits, more often than not they just result in overhealing.

With all those epics, I now have 3287 health and 6731 mana, unbuffed. I regenerate 92 mana per tic when not casting, 24 when casting, plus an additional 29 mana per 5 seconds. I have a total of +376 bonus to healing. When I switch to my fire resistance gear, I have 165 FR, unbuffed, but I lose about 1000 mana for that. Pretty awesome stats. Of course I'd like to get a full set of prophecy, but even that wouldn't improve those stats markedly. The 8-piece bonus for prophecy is a joke anyway, a crit chance only for the prayer of healing spell, which you aren't likely to use in a raid.

My Horde guild is doing very well. The first raid to MC was textbook. We killed 8 bosses in 4 hours, without ever wiping. I never know whether it is so much easier now because we are more experienced, or whether it is because we all have better gear now. Probably it is a combination of the two. The second raid wasn't that successful. Majordomo died easily, but Ragnaros refused to die. My guild has already killed him, and we got him into single digit percentage of health left in every fight this time. It's frustrating when he submerges the second time with just 2% health left and the sons kill you. After 5 wipes we had to give up. Well, we'll win another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment