Thursday, August 3, 2006

WoW Journal - 4-August-2006

Everybody loves pirates. I just hit level 48 in Tanaris, and I made most of that level fighting the pirates there. Solo, or in small teams with whoever was there too, I killed hundreds of pirates, and did all possible quests. The most hard to get quest was the one for Cuergo's gold, where you need to combine three rare drop map fragments to form a treasure map. Takes quite some time to get all the fragments, because the pirate's footlooker you can find them in only has a 4% drop chance. And then not all footlockers contain map fragments, and it is likely that you get several of the same type before finding one each of the upper, middle, and lower map fragment. And of course Cuergo's Gold turns out to be alcohol, but his treasure chest has 2 green items as well, plus a parrot skeleton. Do pirates bury their parrots with their treasure? :)

Other rare drops there are a shipping schedule, which starts an easy hand-in quest for nearly 5000 xp, and a captain's key, which opens the captain's chest in the cabin of one of the pirate ships. But besides a couple of greens, I mainly got silk and mageweave, cash, and lots of xp. I had finished all the quests there when being about 80% into the level, and decided that this was such a nice grinding spot, that I'd stay until dinging 48.

Curiously I hadn't done much pirate killing on my Horde characters, although the Tanaris quests are neutral, and can be done by both factions. Next stop is the Hinterlands, where I did a lot of Horde quests, since a patch added a Horde village there, but never did the Alliance quests. I'm having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment