Friday, September 28, 2007

Feedback needed on blog layout

You might not even have noticed it, but the blog post titles should have changed color, indicating that they are now clickable hyperlinks. I've had permanent links at the bottom of the page for a long time, but thought that a clickable title would be more useful if you want to go to the page where there is just that one blog post with all its comments and links. If that change broke something, please tell me.

And while we're at it, I would like to invite you to comment on the layout of my blog. I'm trying to keep it simple for several reasons: I don't have leet programming skillz, and the blog is supposed to look professional enough that it isn't too obvious you're slacking at work and reading my blog instead of working on a Friday afternoon. :) I think I have all the necessary features of a blog to access my archives and such; tell me if this blog is missing features you'd like to see, and I'll check if I'm able to add them.

I know this blog doesn't have a blogroll, but that is intentional. I don't want to get into fights who should or shouldn't be included in it. And I'm far too lazy to check all the links of a long blogroll to see whether they are all still active. I do read other people's blogs, and if I see a good post, I'd rather link to it in a blog post of mine than just add the whole blog to a blogroll. If I overlooked your blog and you think I should mention it, send me an e-mail and I'll have a look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment