Sunday, September 23, 2007

No WAR for me

Sometimes I get mails asking me how I get into so many betas. Honest answer is that I don't know for sure. But I do assume that the fact that I have been a customer of many of these companies for many years can only help. And some beta applications ask whether I have a "fansite", and although I wouldn't characterize this blog as a fansite, I don't want to split hairs and give them the URL of this blog. Maybe some companies are interested in having bloggers write about their game.

Not so EA Mythic. I never got an invite into the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning beta, and I'm beginning to suspect why: EA Mythic is inviting everybody *but* people with a blog or fansite. The just put up another contest to win beta keys and that one specifically says that "No members of the web or print media, moderators or volunteers for a fansite, may enter". Apparently I'm not welcome, and by being honest in my beta application I have excluded myself from getting a beta slot. Seems they don't want the free advertising they would get from blogs. Makes you wonder what they have to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment