Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mr. Gone designs Starcraft Online

Mr. Gone asked me about my opinion on his predictions of Starcraft Online. Some nice ideas there. Personally I'm not making any predictions, we're not even sure the planned new Blizzard MMO *is* Starcraft Online. But I agree with Mr. Gone that realm vs. realm PvP would be a logical choice. Only Blizzard couldn't call it like that, because EA Mythic trademarked the term.

I never played Starcraft, so I'm not an expert on the lore. I do know that its about three factions dishing it out on the surface of some planet. But frankly I'd be disappointed if Blizzard made a Starcraft Online which only played on the surface of a planet. I want space-ship combat! If Blizzard wants to succeed with a second MMORPG, that second game has to be noticeably different than World of Warcraft. Making a game that is basically the same as WoW, just with Zerg against Protoss instead of Orcs against Humans isn't going to work anywhere except Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment