Friday, March 12, 2010

Bought a PS3

I'm over 3 years late to the party, but I finally bought a "next generation" console, a Playstation 3. My reason for not buying one earlier was that I couldn't think of any "must have" games, and that reason evaporated with Final Fantasy XIII coming out. I don't regret having waited so long, because the very first generation of the PS3 came with as little as 20 GB of hard disk, no WiFi, and cost $499 for the small HD version, $599 for the 60 GB version. Now I paid €324 for a 250 GB version which came with a game (Ratchet & Clank). And of course this "4th generation" or "slim" version comes without the leap year bug. Things I'm not so happy about is that the new PS3 isn't downward compatible at all any more, and can't be made region-free. But I'll just keep my old PS2 for that.

So right now I have two games, Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy 13. Other games I'd be interested in would be Eye of Judgement, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, Cross Edge, and Civilization Revolution. I don't think I will buy Heavy Rain, I'm not into the serial killer scenario. Anyone know any more good turn-based strategy and role-playing games for the PS3?

No comments:

Post a Comment