Monday, February 27, 2006

Darkfall

A guy with the interesting name of Tasos Flambouras (the name turns out to be Greek, and not some fantasy character) sent me an e-mail. He is Associate Producer for the MMORPG Darkfall, and asked me to spread the news that the first Darkfall gameplay video is available. Which I am herewith doing.

Clever strategy, finding game blogs on Google and sending the bloggers such an e-mail. Makes the blogger instantly feel flattered to be recognized as somebody influencing the opinions of others, thus making sure the news gets posted. Next step: Send out preferential beta-invitations to bloggers. *hint* *hint* :)

I must admit I don't know much about the game Darkfall. The video and the features page reveal that the game has a good-looking graphics engine, and is a combination of real-time combat with MMORPG elements. The setting seems to be medieval, with real-time PvP battles as a main attraction. Personally I'm not tempted, I'm too slow for twitchy combat, and I don't especially like PvP. But I know that I'm a minority in these respects, so if Darkfall manages to be the first MMORPG with good real-time combat action, it could be a success.

Darkfall is currently in "Clan beta", with a beta signup for individual players coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment