Tuesday, February 7, 2006

WoW Journal - 8-February-2006

Another evening played, another level gained; Kyroc made level 51 during a visit to the Sunken Temple. I started the evening in the Hinterlands, trying to find a group to finally finish the temple of Jintha'Alor. I had had several pickup groups there, all of which disbanded before getting to the cave with the ancient egg, which I needed for summoning Hakkar in the Sunken Temple. This evening there was no pickup group at all at that place. I ended up grouping with another shadow priest killing high elves for a while, for another quest.

Then a guild mate warlock came online and wanted to do Sunken Temple. I explained that I wanted to get the egg first, and he came to help me. It was obvious that we were too weak to fight our way through, so we just rode up the pyramid, rushed into the cave, died, rezzed at a convenient location, then he sent his voidwalker in to distract the trolls near the egg, while I grabbed it. Got the egg, died again, and spirit rezzed at the graveyard outside. Mission accomplished.

I had wanted to first hand in the egg in Tanaris, to get the next step of the quest. But we found more members for a complete group to Sunken Temple by the time I reached Undercity. As the Sunken Temple of Atal`Hakkar is in the Swamp of Sorrows, on the same continent as UC, but the other continent from Tanaris, I decided to do that hand-in another time, and we headed for the dungeon immediately.

Healing is like riding a bicycle, you never really forget how to do it once you learned it. Although I had little experience in healing with Kyroc, I had played sufficiently many other healer types in other MMORPG, and managed my job well. We only had one wipe, when a voidwalker chased after a runner and pulled one group too many on us. But our group had 2 warlocks (soulstones) and 1 shaman (self-rez), so we recovered quickly. We cleared the place out, including killing Eranikus, with only 2 deaths, the shaman at Hakkar, and me at Jammal, both easily recovered.

I wasn't very lucky with loot, just got one blue robe of which I'm not yet sure whether I'll use it. It has less intelligence bonus than the one I'm wearing, but a lot more spirit bonus. I'll have to make a test on how fast my mana regenerates with more spirit. Up to now I simply ignored spirit on all my other characters, but I've read that for priests spirit could actually be useful.

What I did get in the Sunken Temple was lots of xp, 2 quests cleared, plus the 1 mini-quest where you just have to carry the essence of Eranikus to the brazier next to him, and most importantly the blood of Morphaz to hand in for my level 50 priest class quest. I'll take the healing trinket, it seems that in all of the level 50 class quests the trinket is the only thing that remains useful up to level 60.

I'll spend this evening handing in quests, collecting rewards, and getting all the Sunken Temple quests that I haven't done yet. Then Thursday I plan to do the Sunken Temple again, for the remaining quests, for hopefully some loot, and because the place is just plain fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment