Friday, April 28, 2006

Second Life hits BusinessWeek

I was a bit surprised that an article about the business opportunities in Second Life made the cover story of BusinessWeek. As casual player of mostly mainstream MMORPGs I consider Second Life a bit of an oddity, not really a game at all. But of course being a "real" estate agent of virtual property is totally legal and possible in Second Life, so it makes a better story than the black market in WoW gold, which is undoubtedly a lot bigger.

One day I'll have to try out the free trial for Second Life, but right now I'm too busy playing actual games. I discussed how important social interaction is in MMORPGs, but of course the game is even more important. Virtual worlds that don't have a game don't really interest me all that much, and they have a totally different target demographics.

No comments:

Post a Comment