Friday, April 21, 2006

WoW at 60 review

I found this blog entry from two fellow blogspotters writing a review of World of Warcraft at level 60. Well, it is more a rant than a review, but interesting to read nevertheless. The two writers seem to very much part of the previously mentioned "dark matter", preferring to solo World of Warcraft, except for being more vocal than others. Unsurprisingly they don't like WoW at 60 very much.

What I found interesting is the very Tobold-like approach of counting how many hours it would take to get the Helm of Valor, the Darkmoon Amulet, or The Unstoppable Force. The first is gained by doing Scholomance on average 16 times at 3 hours each, the second is done by handing in a megaton of Thorium Widgets, and the third is done by grinding honor in PvP. Easy to see how neither of these options is highly desirable to a casual player.

Me, I'm more middle-class than casual, and I do like 5-man groups, so at least the doing Scholomance and other dungeons option doesn't sound that bad to me. I wouldn't try to grind the Darkmoon Amulet, but I am grinding Thorium Brotherhood faction for the moment, which is only slightly less annoying. In PvP I never got past Sergeant rank. A bit further into the game than the writers of this review, but not all that much. So I can only applaud their advice to the WoW player at 60:

You have nothing to prove to the cyber community. If you stay true to what you want, and don't over commit your WoW time, you can still have fun, you just won't look as pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment