Wednesday, April 5, 2006

War(rior)! What is it good for?

My tier 0.5 upgrade quest series ended with a fundamental disagreement between me and Blizzard about what a warrior is for. After paying 60 gold for the gloves of valor, and another 150 gold for the different steps of the upgrade quest, I finally got the belt and gloves of heroism. Woot! The gloves are Raslebol's only epic.

At that point I was wearing the deathbone belt and gloves from the minor bosses in Scholomance. The deathbone stuff has a useless mana regeneration bonus, but good armor, stamina, and especially defence bonus. But of course they are much easier to get than tier 0.5, they aren't epic, and so the heroism stuff must be much better, musn't it? I put on the belt and gloves of heroism and notice that in comparison to before I have 358 defence instead of 373, a huge -15 change. I also have less stamina (thus less health), and less armor. What the heck? It turns out the heroism stuff is armor for offensive warriors. With heroism armor my dps goes up from 90 to 96, due to a huge strength bonus, and the gloves increase my crit chance by 1%.

Sorry, Blizzard, but I don't believe in offensively specced warriors. If I wanted to deal lots of damage in melee, I would have made a rogue. Offensive warriors are a hybrid between tank and rogue. Hybrids are good in soloing and PvP, but nobody would want an offensive warrior as main tank in a raid, or as only tank in a 5-man group.

So the tier 0.5 heroism armor is in the bank now. If ever I go on a raid with Raslebol as non-MT, I might take the stuff with me and wear them when I have just a damage dealing role. But for my favorite occupation of 5-man groups the heroism stuff is just plain useless. I think I'll try to get some more Deathbone armor instead, the set now has some really nice set bonuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment