Sunday, April 16, 2006

WoW Journal - 16-April-2006

Happy Easter! Blizzard gave us some easter eggs hidden around the cities, but as these only contain sweets and a few copper, most people give the hunt up after finding the first egg. :)

On the Runetotem server my guild is about to split, in a raider and a casual half. Guess which part I'll be in. :) I hope this works out, I've seen guild splits gone horribly wrong already. But I'll try to keep the casual half of the guild going, and organize 5-man events and things like that. At least with a guild that says "we don't raid", we won't get any of the people that are just passing through on their way to a big raid guild applying.

On Eonar I played my pally a bit more, level 23 now. I did two runs with the same great group to Deadmines, killing Van Cleef twice for more loot and xp. I got a nice blue shield, and of course the blue mail leggings for handing in his head. As in that group I was the highest level, I had some more success as a tank. And some of the new spells are useful, like the Seal of Justice which stuns enemies, and you can judgement it to prevent them from fleeing. Blessing of Freedom is good against being rooted.

My first guild on Eonar disbanded, in something which was either a guild merger or one hellishly clever scam. If you want to pull of the scam, it works like this: Found a guild on a new server, inviting over a hundred players. Ask them to send you contributions for making a tabard. Then "merge" the guild with another guild that already has a tabard. If somebody asks about the money, say you unfortunately paid for the tabard just before merging the guilds, and it is lost now. Well, I left that guild, they leveled much faster than me, and joined a guild with the people I enjoyed grouping in Deadmines with.

No comments:

Post a Comment