Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Eye of Divinity

Monday our guild had a party. One guild member was hiding in Azeroth (with an unguilded alt, of course), and gave out clues on how to find her on the guild forums. I had guessed that she was in Arathi Highlands, but when trying to sneak there before everyone else, I triggered the "explored Arathi Highlands" achievement announced to all guildies, and gave my position away. I won first prize for finding her first anyway. Then when everyone arrived we were first just celebrating a costume party, until somebody mentioned how he hated that patrol on the road of Arathi Highlands. So we went and killed that patrol, followed by a raid on Southshore, for good measure. And then we decided to go to Molten Core.

Molten Core was silly easy with level 80s, the only difficulty being to find enough people who still had the water to douse the runes and summon Majordomo. We killed him, and the Eye of Divinity dropped. Doh! I had wanted that one for months back then in 2006 and never got it, but then got the Will of Arlokk instead, and lost interest. Well, we went on and killed Ragnaros, and got the Molten Core achievement done, because WoW had forgotten that I had already killed Ragnaros several times.

Anyway, now I had the Eye of Divinity, which with a complicated quest and a lot of farming gives Benediction / Anathema, a dual-function staff which used to be quite good for level 60. Totally useless at level 80 of course, but I decided to do the quest anyway. I managed it on the second try, because even at level 80 that quest isn't easy. The adds are less of a nuisance now you can just blow them away with a single Holy Nova, but healing 50 peasants before 15 of them die to a combination of disease and unattackable skeleton archers is still not trivial. On the second try I used the Shift-V function to see their health bars, and that made it easier.

Now I just would need the Eye of Shadow. That used to drop of Lord Kazzak in the Blasted Lands, but that boss mob moved to Outlands. So to get the Eye of Shadow, you need to kill level 60 elite demons in Winterspring or Blasted Lands, which drop the eye with a lousy 1% drop chance. Well, I tried. But after 2 hours of farming I grew bored and joined a guild group doing an heroic dungeon instead. Maybe if I have nothing else to do one day I'll try again, but it would just be for nostalgia. The level 60 content is truly dead and only serves as party entertainment nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment