Thursday, April 30, 2009

Even my bank alt is depressed of WoW

I didn't play World of Warcraft at all last weekend, and barely logged on since. I was feeling too burned out and depressed, and wasn't motivated at all to play. I still want to raid Ulduar, but the rest of the game doesn't hold much interest for me right now. I wonder how many raiders feel the same, I notice a lot of people logging on in my guild just before the raids start.

Even my bank alt is depressed of WoW: This morning I had 70 returned auction house mails, and only 15 gold from items sold in my mailbox. And that's with a wide mix of items, all of them posted at the cheapest price in the AH. Business is ultra-slow, nobody seems to be buying anything any more. Trading in a deflating economy isn't much fun, especially as I don't need the gold anyway.

So I guess I'll reduce my World of Warcrafting to pure raiding twice a week, and use the rest of the time to play other games. Like Free Realms, or Empire: Total War, for which the big patch came out yesterday. So I can test this weekend whether that patch solved my crashing problems, and lets me play more than a turn or two before dumping me to the desktop. My English invaded and eliminated France, and got the thirteen colonies to join the Empire by capturing three specific American provinces. But up to now I only played a few turns per session, before I got too annoyed with the crashes. So this weekend I'll be busy beating back the Spanish who are marching on Paris, and the Cherokee who didn't like me taking their capital city.

No comments:

Post a Comment