Thursday, April 16, 2009

How is patch 3.1 treating you?

I have yet to visit Ulduar or the Argent Tournament, due to a mix of server problems and real-world time constraints. I happily played with dual-specs, so now I have a holy priest who can switch to shadow in seconds, and deal 3K dps, which isn't half bad for a secondary job. Then of course I suffered from a bug which reset half of my talents and had to distribute them again, but now the priest is ready for Ulduar. My priest being also a miner/jewelcrafter, I had stockpiled the Titansteel Bars I made in the last 40 days, but in spite of everybody's predictions the price for those hasn't gone up on my server. I'll hold onto them a bit longer, maybe just a case of too many people having stockpiled them.

With my warrior I'm planning to follow Spinks excellent guide of dual-speccing Fury, but still have to do some research on whether I can reuse my old protection main spec, or whether there are better options now. The warrior is also my only character with fishing (really no reason to have that skill on several characters), and so I'm content with the new daily quests, and the Wintergrasp fishing, especially now that Fish Feasts aren't bop any more.

The odd man out is my mage, who is having a terrible, terrible patch 3.1. I didn't even look into dual-spec for the mage, there isn't much point to it, especially with me not doing PvP. How many damage dealing PvE specs do you really need? Then Blizzard nerfed the daily cooking quest, changing its minimum level from 65 to 77, leaving my level 72 mage out in the cold. And finally, with every WoW economics blog posting how much gold they are raking in selling glyphs, I seem to be playing on one of the few servers with a too large number of inscribers. I made a measly 500 gold up to now, because I keep getting undercut. Now I don't mind undercutting as such, it is a logical consequence of the non-blind WoW auction house, but why do people have to undercut market prices by half? There are 2,500 glyphs listed on my AH, and for some of them prices range from 50 gold down to less than 1 gold. What is the point of selling a glyph for so low, with the materials being worth more? According to auctioneer most glyphs now sell for LESS than the average market price before the patch. I am seriously considering dropping inscription again, maybe going back to enchanting. [EDIT: I consider the absolutely horrible way in which you learn the new glyphs from random world drop books as another reason to quit inscribing.]

So how is patch 3.1 treating you? What are the things you are happy about, and those that didn't work out as well as planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment