Monday, December 4, 2006

1000th blog post

This is the 1000th post on this blog. With the blog being a bit over 3 years old, that averages at one post per day, but the blog started with less frequent posts, and now I write about a dozen posts per week. Today the blog will also get it's 300,000th visitor. I get around 1,500 visitors per day, with about 2,000 page views. I'm quite happy with the amount of interest and feedback that I get.

I have a suspicion that if I stop writing about World of Warcraft, I'll get less hits. Doesn't matter, I still don't have any advertising on this blog, so no lost revenue if other games I write about provoke less interest. And I plan to be back in World of Warcraft when the expansion comes out anyway, although I'm not sure how long I will play then before I've seen everything. 2007 promises some interesting other MMORPG, and Blizzard can't produce content as fast as I can play through it.

The only disadvantage of having such a large blog is that Blogger is switching to a new system and bombards me with "Switch your blog to the new system now" messages. But whenever I try to switch over, I get a message that my blog couldn't be moved, with reference to a help article saying that one of the reasons is that they can't move large blogs yet. That makes me a bit nervous. What if they tell me that they close down the old Blogger system without me being able to move my blog? I'd lose all the 1000 blog posts, and the Google page rank that comes from people finding information on them. That would be a serious setback. That is the disadvantage of using free services. Well, I'll keep trying to move the blog over to the new system, and keep hoping that they find a solution for the large blogs like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment