Sunday, December 17, 2006

WoW Journal - 17-December-2006

Double honor weekend didn't happen, presumably due to the Winter Veil christmas events. But as I had already done all the christmas quests, this World of Warcraft christmas left me doubly unhappy, with neither presents nor double honor. Nevertheless the battlegrounds were still overcrowded, so I only could play PvP in the mornings. Later in the day they became laggy and instable, and after getting kicked out of a battleground several times without reward, I gave up.

On the positive side I visited the last zone of World of Warcraft that I hadn't seen yet: Naxxramas. Due to BWL raids not getting full any more, my guild wisely decided that killing trash mobs in Naxxramas was more fun, and doable with under 30 people. We cleared out the Deathknight wing up to the first boss, but the bosses were off limit to our small raid. We wiped a couple of times, but generally we were able to handle all trash mobs, except the gargoyles, who self-heal to full 6 seconds after going down to 30% life. You need a full raid to have enough dps for them.

We didn't get any epics, but that wasn't really the point. I'm happy to have seen Naxxramas now. Man, that place is huge. I wonder if one day we'll clear it out with level 70 characters for fun. There seem to be a lot of interesting encounters there. Too bad Blizzard wasted so much work on content that so few people ever see.

Well, back to honor grinding. I should be at 15,000 points now, two-thirds of the way to my High Warlord 1h weapon. I have 50 AB and 30 each of AV and WSG marks. So I looked around whether I could buy anything useful without spending honor. But you can only get useless tabards, and epic mounts for the marks. In the new system the PvP epic mounts still need the 150 riding skill. And post-patch that now costs 810 gold, because the previous 10% bonus from Sergeant or higher PvP rank doesn't exist any more. The 90 battleground marks only save you the 90 gold you would otherwise need to spend for the mount. And if you don't like the mount of your race, you can get a PvP mount of another race from your faction. So if I ever overflow with marks, I can always blow them on buying a kodo or riding wolf for my troll. I don't think he'd look good on a skeleton horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment