Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm touched

The number of hits this blog gets has grown astronomically; just one year ago, in November 2005 I got as many visitors in the whole month as I get on a good *day* now. I watch these numbers, but at the same time I am now less proud of them. Because Sitemeter is telling me that over 90% of them have been sent here by Google, and are usually just looking for a specific solution to a specific WoW problem. They might or might not find it on the blog page Google sends them too, but most of them just leave in less than 1 minute and never read more of what I write.

So nowadays I get my motivation from those readers who stay around, who actually read my blog, and participate in the discussion by leaving a comment. And I am especially touched by those who say that I inspired them to write their own blog. This post is about two of them who started blogging recently:

Zoso is running a great blog called MMOG Musings. Scroll down to the 11th of December and start reading his series of posts on battlegrounds, it is good. And the blog is frequently updated.

Xaylissa has a MMORPG blog "about WoW, Other MMO's, Life and everything inbetween". Less often updated, but still good writing, for example about roleplaying servers.

You see, blogging isn't that hard. It's a bit like Field of Dreams: build it and they will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment