Friday, October 20, 2006

BC Journal - 20-October-2006

My attempts at jewelcrafting made a big move forward, just to then come to a complete standstill. I started the evening at 148 jewelcrafting skill, and managed to make the next 2 points with a bit of mining and luck in prospecting exactly the gems I needed. At skill 150 I learned to make a mithril filigree, which got my skill up to nearly 190. Then with some gold and truesilver items made I advanced to 215, where I got totally stuck. The only two orange items left that I could craft either need 4 flasks of mojo or 4 vision dust. Which wouldn't be a problem to buy on the AH on a real server. But the test server AH is basically empty, and as everybody either has a low-level blood elf / draenei or a level 60+ character, there is no trade in mid-level items at all. I would need at least 20 flasks of mojo to get to the next recipe at 220, which would mean killing over 200 level 40ish trolls. Not something that I consider doing anytime soon. I think there are too few jewelcrafting recipes, I got stuck several times with only one or two orange recipes and one or two yellow recipes, and that makes advancing your skill very difficult.

In other BC beta news, I downloaded a 300 MB patch which added many of the missing outland graphics. My level 60 water now has a proper icon. And the level 65 water now regenerates 7200 mana, much better than the 5580 before the patch. Not that I can use it yet, I'm still level 60. But I did make some progress doing quests and advancing towards level 61. One Horde quest series ended in giving me a staff with +33 stamina, +22 intellect, and an astounding +80 to healing and spell damage. And that is a green item from a level 60 quest.

Unfortunately the patch also added a major bug, messing up my inventory. Items which I had sold or destroyed previously kept popping back up in my inventory, and continued to do so every time I relogged or zoned. That got me some metal bars, ores, and gems that I had already used for crafting back, but also lots of worthless crafted low-level jewelry. Most annoyingly my Horde priest had spent some time collecting small clams from murlocs to get small lustrous pearls, and repeatedly found his inventory swamped with clams. And these were bugged, empty, and I had to right-click on the all to make them disappear, without getting any contents.

That is a rather serious bug. A MMORPG absolutely relies on you finding yourself back in the state where you logged off when you log back on. A bug that adds items to your inventory doesn't sound that grave, but what if the next time it makes items from your inventory disappear?

No comments:

Post a Comment