Friday, October 13, 2006

Reader appreciation

Of course I appreciate all the readers of this blog, as a blog without readers would be kind of pointless. Even more I appreciate those of you who actively participate in the discussion, and leave comments and feedback, whether you agree with my opinions or not.

But the grand prix title of "most appreciated reader" goes to the one guy who mailed me his spare beta key for the European Burning Crusade beta. Thanks a lot, mate, that was very nice. And it will give me something to write for the next days or even weeks, the NDA having been lifted.

I am currently in the process of downloading the game client, which will probably take still until tomorrow or later. The client is 2 Gigabyte large, and after one night of downloading I'm just at 18% completed. I found a mirror of the English (GB) client on Curse-gaming, but it is broken, or can't cope with the downloads.

Apparently there are 100,000 beta testers for Europe alone. This places this beta somewhere in the middle between a closed and an open beta, being invite only like a closed beta, but having a number of players more similar to an open one. There being only 4 realms, I wonder whether how playable it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment