Thursday, March 15, 2007

Massive Magazine closes down

Remember me complaining about Massive Magazine taking stuff from this blog without linking to me? Well, I got an apology from the author, it won't happen again. Sure it won't, because The Escapist just reported that Massive Magazine is closing down. The downside being that I paid $10.99 for an online subscription of which I only ever got 2 issues. And as I just read them online, not downloaded them or anything, I can't even re-read those two.

It is not that games magazines aren't profitable, apparently the games division from the parent company The Globe had revenues growing by 50%. And no, it wasn't my complaint either that shut them down. Instead it was a lawsuit from MySpace that led to the demise of Massive Magazine, quote: "The Globe was recently found liable in a California court for hundreds of thousands of spam messages sent to MySpace users." That's what you get if your business practices aren't squeaky clean. You might be able to get away with messing with Tobold, but you don't mess with Rupert Murdoch!

No comments:

Post a Comment