Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Puzzle Quest news

Puzzle Quest is riding high, with strong sales placing it in the top 5 of the DS sales charts. Great success for a small independant publisher. I wonder how much of that is due to strong support from Penny Arcade, who seem to absolutely love this game.

I ordered this game for the PSP, but I'd also be interested in the PC version, which isn't announced yet. After all, a much bigger screen and a mouse are nice to have. And Puzzle Quest seems to me an ideal game to have on your laptop, as it doesn't use much resources, can be played in short bursts, and auto-saves frequently. Pressed about the PC version release, a developer said on the forums that "we can't talk about it", but that there *will* be a PC version in the future. Seeing how the demo version already seems to contain nearly the complete game, just with a level cap, the PC version should be easy enough to bring out. I just hope that it will be available by digital distribution, I would *not* want to buy it if you can only run it with the original CD in the drive, because I wouldn't want to carry the CD with my all the time in my laptop. If I could just buy a key to "unlock" the demo I already downloaded, that would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment