Monday, March 26, 2007

WoW Journal - 26-March-2007

I didn't play all that much World of Warcraft this weekend. But between trying the LotRO monster play and watching a couple of episodes of the second season of NYPD Blue (much better after Caruso left), I still got a couple of hours of WoW in. That mostly consisted of my priest joining different dungeon groups, and my warrior doing quests in Nagrand.

My warrior is level 67, and I can't help the feeling that he levels faster than he can do all the quests in Burning Crusade. By the time I finish Nagrand I'll be 68 or very close to it, and I haven't even touched Blade's Edge, Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm yet. I lost interest in quests once I hit level 70 with my priest, and I wonder if I'll continue questing with my warrior after hitting the level cap. Quests earn you good money, but the items are usually worse than what you could get out of dungeons, except for the rewards of the hardest elite quests, for which you'll need a group as well. So not much interest in soloing at 70.

But for the moment I do like questing in Nagrand. I did a lot of quests for the Mag'thar orcs, so now I arrived at an interesting looking quest where I'll have to collect herbs in different Outland regions for the grandmother, for summoning some ancestor spirit who is supposed to kick some sense into her depressed grandson, the weak leader of the orc tribe. Up to now most Nagrand quest were of the "go to this place and kill anything that moves" type. Fortunately as a protection spec warrior handling several enemies at once is not so much of a problem, even if killing them isn't very fast. That made storming the various ogre, blood elf, and murkblood camps easy enough.

My priest was mainly logging on to do 5-man dungeon groups. Currently I'm trying to improve my reputation with several Outland factions. By going to mana tombs and doing a repeatable Netherstorm quest I managed to hit honored with the Consortium, which gave me four new jewelcrafting recipes. Then I turned towards Thrallmar reputation, and did two runs into Shattered Halls. Tough place, but we cleared it out in both cases. Unfortunately the end boss refused to drop my dungeon set 3 gloves.

After the second run I was just 19 reputation points away from revered with Thrallmar. Getting a group together to just kill 2 mobs in Shattered Halls seemed a bit silly, so I thought about other ways to gain reputation. Already having done all Thrallmar quests, I turned towards the repeatable PvP quest to capture the three PvP structures in Hellfire Peninsula. That turned out to be harder than I thought. Sunday evening I managed to do the quest once, but it gave only 10 reputation points, and I need another repetition to get to revered. Unfortunately there are lots of bored level 70 Alliance around, and when you just switch a structure from alliance controlled to neutral, you'll get killed by several invisible level 70 rogues before you can flag the structure for the Horde. So this morning I tried something else, logging on very early before going to work and taking the structures when nobody was looking. Good idea, but I wasn't the first one to have it, the structures were all already Horde flagged, and I couldn't do anything. I'll try again tonight, sooner or later it should be possible to get this stupid quest done and reach revered for the heroic mode key. Overland PvP in Burning Crusade sucks, unless you can make yourself invisible. A PvP spec rogue can perma-stun and kill me without me even getting the chance to hit the fear button once. And with Alliance outnumber Horde 2:1 on my server, I can't even count on finding more people to help me than the other side can muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment