Saturday, March 10, 2007

Non sequitur - 11-March-2007

This is an experiment, tell me how you like it. I got a number of small news items and thoughts, which I am going to bundle up in one post. They got no relation to each other, thus the title of "non sequitur", latin for "it does not follow".

WoWinsider reports the first bit of "news" arrived at by using the Armory spying tool: Death & Taxes, one of the major raiding guilds in World of Warcraft, has all paladins spec'd for healing, while the priests are all shadow. Something is wrong with class balance.

Social networking in WoW is all the rage, but some people have come up with a seducingly simple solution. Friendnet is an addon which allows you to share your friends list in WoW. Too bad my friendlist only contains my alts (for faster mailing). To keep contact with friends I'm using guild chat and self-made chat channels for non-guild friends.

Fair Game is a project to promote fair trade products with Machinima movies. Their World of Warcraft clip can be found at YouTube.

MMO Evolution has a How to get into a raiding guild guide. Quote: "Step One: Know the need, and pick your class accordingly". So true, but right now it's hard to say which classes are needed most.

Personally I've been in the world strangest group with my warrior. Besides me as tank, there was a druid, a shaman, and a paladin. And we never started, because, you won't believe it, "we haven't got a healer". All of them, even the pally, were dps spec'd, and nobody wanted to heal. I'm beginning to wonder whether the whole "you can freely decide between 3 talent trees" isn't a mistake. I can fully see why a pally would want to spec dps for leveling up, but where does that leave groups?

No comments:

Post a Comment