Monday, December 17, 2007

AFK Gamer on post 2.3 Alterac Valley

AFK Gamer has a post on Alterac Valley after the 2.3 patch which is interesting. Apparently Alliance is losing AV a lot now. Which is curious insofar as in my pre-patch experience Alliance won at least 3 out of 4 Alterac Valley battles. But the patch changed some of the rules, and now the situation has reversed. Readers tell me that at least on some servers the Alliance players are now boycotting AV, so that Horde players can't get any honor there.

The last time I did battleground PvP was a year ago, after patch 1.13 changed the honor system and before TBC came out. My warrior, like everyone at the time, was doing battlegrounds to get some nice equipment for honor points, which previously had only been available to the top PvP ranks. Instead of needing 16 hours of PvP per day for several months, you could now get the same gear by doing an hour of PvP a day for a much shorter time. But while that was an interesting experience, I didn't enjoy PvP all that much. So now although I know that I could probably get some nice gear by joining the arena, I just opted out of PvP.

So as I am not an expert on PvP, I invite you to tell me about PvP in AV after 2.3. Is it true that the situation reversed and Horde is now winning more than Alliance? Why do you think that is so? And please, no "Horde plays better than Alliance" crap, the only reasonable assumption is that players on both sides are the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment