Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Abalieno on scenarios

It is not unusual for me to get into an argument with some other blogger about some difference of opinion on MMORPGs. What *is* unusual is another blogger complaining about me in spite of me 100% agreeing with him. Abalieno of The Cesspit has a strong opinion about WAR scenarios. He says "I enjoy scenarios to an extent, but when I'm doing JUST them they get incredibly boring and dull. A chore." That is EXACTLY what I think, and I've been writing about the issue repeatedly in the last days. Scenarios in WAR give the most xp, so everyone just grinds those instanced scenarios, so nobody is left to do public quests and open world RvR.

I proposed nerfing scenarios to give only half the xp, I proposed an automated system to diminish rewards when everyone is doing the same. And what do I get? Abalieno commenting on Broken Toys "Weird that you didn’t comment at all about population issues with PQs and Open RvR. Or maybe you thought it was covered enough everywhere else. Also, I find amusing how Tobold avoids to write those opinions on his popular blog." Can't the guy at least read my blog before complaining about me not writing about some issue? I'm sure he could have found an issue on which we actually disagree and complain about that. But saying that I avoid writing something I've been in reality bitching about all week feels really weird. Quote me from last Friday "As I said, the occasional PvP scenario is fun, but doing the same scenario ten times in a row isn't what I want." I'm with you on this one, Abalieno!

No comments:

Post a Comment