Thursday, October 16, 2008

Looking for WoW warrior and priest talent builds

In my head I'm working on a post on World of Warcraft talent builds. But right now my thoughts are in a big muddle, because I'm mixing theoretical considerations with my practical problems. So I decided to split the subject, post the theory stuff later, and in this post talk about my WoW characters after patch 3.0.2.

I played for several hours post-post now, but spent most of that time learning Inscription to 350. What I haven't done yet since the patch is any form of adventuring. And the reason for that is that I always have problems deciding on talent builds.

The only one of my characters that has his new talents already is my mage, because that was easy. I decided to stay "deep frost", and that meant I only had to decide on a few talents I *didn't* want. I took the full frost build from this site, because it appeared to offer the best mix of talents for all possible situations, from solo PvE to dungeons to PvP. And my mage was deep frost before, so most of the talents are familiar to me. My only worry is that Northrend could turn out to have lots of frost resistant mobs, but then, if they really introduce the dual spec option in the patch after the WotLK release, I could always make a fire spec as second build.

I haven't decided at all on a talent build for my warrior and for my priest. The warrior has been protection spec, and I do want him to remain a tank. But as I'll never be a raid main tank, and I *do* have to do some solo PvE if I want to level him up to 80 after the expansion, I need a build that isn't completely gimped for damage. Tempting as Titan's Grip is, I don't really want to level up with a fury build, and change back to tanking later, I'd like to be able to tank through all Northrend dungeons on my way up. Can anyone recommend a good blog post discussing the various talents and options for builds for tank warriors?

The priest has a very similar problem. I want him to remain a healer, but previously I did have a discipline / holy hybrid build 23 / 38, which included the spirit buff and the wand specialization. Priest soloing for me was pulling with some spell, bubbling up, and killing the mob with a wand. But due to the fundamental changes to how stats work, I'm not even sure any more if the spirit buff is still good, and how I would have to spec to make a healing priest which can still solo. My priest is most likely to end up in a raid, but I don't want to be gimped for damage, and I never liked shadow. Again, I'd be grateful for a link to some site discussing possible builds.

Of course if you have a great build you think would suit me, you could also link me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment