Thursday, October 23, 2008

Do you like embeded commenting?

Blogger took me by surprise by adding embedded commenting, and switching my blog to that option by default. What that means is that there is now a comment input form at the bottom of each single-post page. If you click on the permalink you now see that form which wasn't there before. If you click on "comment" from the main page, you now actually land on the permanent page for the post, and it looks to you as if I changed my commenting interface.

Have a look at it, test it out by commenting to this post, and tell me whether you like the new way of commenting. If not, fortunately there is an option to override the default and go back to the old system.

[EDIT: In response to problems with the sidebar pushing the commenting field too low on Firefox and Chrome browsers, I modernized my Archive listing into a dropdown menu, which makes the sidebar much shorter. Just a hotfix until Firefox / Chrome problems are resolved by Blogger.]

No comments:

Post a Comment