Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Anyone here a WiFi expert?

My new netbook shows the same symptoms as my other laptop, not being able to connect to some WiFi hotspots. What happens is that I select a WiFi hotspot to connect to, it stays a long time on the "waiting to acquire network address" step, and finally gives me "limited or no connectivity" error message. All I know is that somehow my laptop doesn't get a valid IP address from the network, but I don't know what I can do about it. The same laptops have no problems whatsoever to connect to my home WiFi and to some hotel WiFi networks, but then fail to connect at other locations.

Anyone here got an idea whether that is just a problem of the networks I try to connect being borked, or whether I could connect to them if I just changed some setting on my laptops under Windows XP?

No comments:

Post a Comment