Monday, February 5, 2007

Burning Crusade mistakes

Another reader question: What choices have you made when playing Burning Crusade that turned out to be mistakes?

I have a faint suspicion that by starting with quests and doing dungeons later I made a mistake in regard to gaining reputation. I'm stuck with my Thrallmar reputation at honored, because the mobs in Hellfire Citadel don't give me reputation gain any more, and I have no quests left to do. Ideally I should have run instances until they gave no more rep, and only then started with the quests. On the other hand the way I did it is probably how Blizzard planned it, and I'll be able to resume reputation gaining at level 70, when I do the third Hellfire Citadel dungeon. Anyone know whether you gain reputation past honored if you do for example the ramparts on heroic mode?

I'm also torn between many people in my guild rushing to 70, and me wanting to take it slow and explore Outland to the fullest. Either of which could be a mistake. If I'm too fast I miss half of the fun. But if I'm too full I might miss the boat when the others start raiding without me, and then never invite me because the other people already have epic gear. My guild used to be short on priests, which made getting a raid invite easy for me, but suddenly we got tons of them. If me levelling slower ends up with me barely ever getting an opportunity to participate in the endgame, that would be a serious mistake I made.

What Burning Crusade mistakes did you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment