Sunday, February 4, 2007

WoW Journal - 4-February-2007

My undead priest hit level 66 already, I'm starting to get frightened how fast it goes. Due to a busy work schedule I'm not playing as much as I would like, and still am more than half-way to 70 in less than 3 weeks. I know there is lots to do at level 70, but the final ding always has a kind of "game over" feeling for me. At the same time I feel I should hurry up leveling, so that I'm not missing my guild starting to raid.

I'm currently doing quests in Zangarmarsh, which is nice. There are a lot of ecological quests dealing with the ecosystem of the marsh. Although the story on how the giants are going hungry because the ogres hack down their mushrooms is missing an explanation on why the giants can't move back now that the ogres are permanently camped by dwarf hunters. :) Giants are kind of fun in Burning Crusade, because you can often either mine them or use herbalism on them, depending on whether they are mineral or plant giants.

Other than quests I'm doing dungeon runs, which is also a lot of fun. My favorite up to now is the Underbog, although the Auchenai Crypts are also not bad. Curiosly while my Cenarion Expedition stopped at 5999/6000 in Underbog, now that I got past the limit to honored, I get reputation again for killing mobs there. Apparently you can't pass the border with kills, but only with a quest. Or it was some sort of bug.

Today I decided that enough was enough, and gave the priest a day of rest. Instead I'm playing my warrior, who was maxed out in rest xp. I didn't want those to go to waste, I'd like to level him up to 61 at least. I did a few Hellfire Ramparts runs, and quests, avoiding the quests that give Thrallmar faction. This time I want to be clever and first max out my reputation with kills before doing the reputation quests. As my warrior only has a single tier 1 item, Gloves of Might, he has a lot more luck in finding gear that is better than what he is wearing. Even green quest items are often better than the blue gear he got from dungeons like UBRS or Scholomance. Upgrading your gear is a lot of fun, and the warrior plays nicely different than the priest. My priest soloing strategy, bubble-and-wand, is effective, but boring. The warrior plays a lot more varied, with his different stances and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment