Sunday, November 9, 2008

Looking back at the Burning Crusade

If you followed this blog over the last two years, you might have noticed that I was never a huge fan of the Burning Crusade expansion. I mostly criticized it for being too little, too late, not enough content for 2 years, plus having a raid endgame that wasn't accessible for a large enough number of players. So I have taken several breaks during that time, and not played WoW all the time. But today I checked my level 70 characters, and just adding up the time spent at level 70, adding a bit for leveling from 60 to 70, plus the complete /played time on my blood elf mage, I concluded that I have played the Burning Crusade for about 1,000 hours.

Now if I look back at the Burning Crusade, and forward towards Wrath of the Lich King, my point of view hasn't changed much. I think WotLK is late too, and I don't think it will have enough content, even with added patches, to last us for another 2 years. And while I have hope for the new raiding game, I'm not taking it for granted that it will really be better for casual raiders. But having said all this, I think I could play another 1,000 hours in Wrath of the Lich King. And that can't be all bad. How many single-player games would I have to buy to get 1,000 hours of content?

So, looking back, what do you think about the Burning Crusade? Was it everything you wanted, or hoped for? Do you think Wrath of the Lich King will be the same, better, or worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment