Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Personalized WoW recipe site?

Even before World of Warcraft introduced the Armory, there were websites where with the help of an addon you uploaded some sort of character profile, and they used the date to give you advice for example on where to get gear upgrades. Since the Armory, there are a lot more sites like that, BeImba, Wowjutsu, Talentchic, and so on, either giving personalized advice or doing data mining on trends. What I haven't found yet, probably because the info isn't on the armory, is a personalized site dealing with WoW tradeskill recipes. Sites like Crafter's Tome do a good job listing all recipes in the game, but it is still a lot of work to find out what recipes you are still missing, and what you'd have to do to get them.

So I was wondering if any of you know a site that does that: I upload my character information which I extracted from WoW with an addon, and the site tells me all the missing recipes for my tradeskills, and how I could acquire them. Are they random world drops, which I can only get with luck or the Auction House? Do they drop in specific dungeons? Do they come from the new WotLK research features? Are they gained by reputation? Or, another new WotLK feature, through tokens from daily quests? All this information can be found somewhere, but I'd really like a site that gathers it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment