Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Don't play a different faction than your wife in WoW

I'm so happy I don't have an account in World of Warcraft any more. Because my wife still has one, her computer is in the same room as mine, and apparently that is against the terms of service of WoW. Quote:
As stated in the World of Warcraft Terms of Use, Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to permanently terminate this Agreement "without prior notice," resulting in an immediate and permanent account 'ban' if you engage in behaviour that Blizzard Entertainment considers to be a “serious” violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement. “Serious Violations” of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement would include the following:

6. allowing players who are playing characters aligned with the "Alliance" faction to chat or otherwise communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the "Horde" faction, or vice versa;
Now I'm sure it isn't meant like that. But the obvious phrase of "on the same server while in a PvP battle" or something similar is just missing. So as I had mostly Horde characters, and my wife has several Alliance characters, I was apparently committing a bannable offence. Oh, no! Can I still talk to myself if I have both Alliance and Horde characters?

This must be the silliest termination of service rule I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment