Friday, November 16, 2007

What WoW UI mod to display quest levels?

I am a big fan of knowing what exactly the level of the quest is that I am doing in World of Warcraft. Not just a color code, but the exact level. Thus I can do the lower level quests first and avoid having them go grey on me, for example. Patch 2.3 apparently changed the quest interface, and the UI mod I was using for years now, called Questlevels, was no longer working. If I had Questlevels on, it messed up the quest window of the NPCs, so for example I couldn't take the daily quest at Skettis any more, because all I saw was a column of golden dots.

So I went out and searched the various WoW UI mod sites for a quest level display mod which was up to date for patch 2.3 and I found QuestGuru. It not only displays the quest level, it also changes the quest window into a wide format showing the quest list and the quest you click on in detail at the same time. It even makes it easier to read the quest text, by coloring the names of NPCs and places. Very nice!

The only problem I have is that since I use that, the NPC quest window has the text "Bonus Honor:" written somewhere at random near the bottom, sometimes covering some quest text or reward. I assume that is a bug somewhere in the QuestGuru mod, but I don't know if other people have the same problem, and whether the mod programmers are aware of it.

Are you using an UI mod to display the quest levels in WoW? Which one, and is it working without problems with patch 2.3? Please limit discussion to UI mods regarding quests and the quest interface. There are far too many UI mods out there to discuss them all in one thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment